The University of Chicago Library
Division: Access & Facilities Services
Department: Access Services
Title: Research Assistant
Classification Level: C-10
Schedule (Hrs/Week): 15
The Library is seeking an Assessment Assistant, preferably a graduate student in anthropology, psychology, social sciences, or with a background in qualitative data analysis. The person in this position will contribute to Library research projects by setting up and conducting web usability sessions, designing and analyzing surveys, and organizing legacy research data, among other tasks.
- Assist staff in the design, execution and evaluation of projects, including literature reviews, surveys, focus groups, data analysis
- Assist staff in design and maintenance of online surveys and relational databases. this frequently involves use of SurveyMonkey, Excel, and Microsoft Access
- Assist staff in writing code and analyzing data in SPSS
- Produce written, tabular and visual materials for research reports and presentations. -
- Prepare print documents, web pages, and other graphics
- Handle and protect confidential and sensitive data with integrity
- Experience with qualitative research methods and data analysis.
- High personal motivation, self-management, and orientation to detail.
- Strong spoken and written communication skills.
- Experience with quantitative research methods and data analysis, including the use of SPSS.
- Experience conducting and analyzing usability tests, including the use of Morae.
- Experience with Survey Monkey, Qualtrics, WuFoo, or other web-based survey management tools.
- Experience handling confidential or protected data.
Return to student job opportunities