Human Resources Student Assistant
The University of Chicago Library
Division: Administrative Services
Department: Administrative Services
Section: Human Resources
Title: Human Resources Student Assistant
Schedule: 15 hrs per week. Must be able to work at least 2 hours each weekday between 9am and 3pm
Anticipated Start: Second week of July
Only students registered at the University of Chicago are eligible for student positions at the Library.
Provide general office support to Library Human Resources. Duties include setting up and maintaining files, data entry, providing customer service, and running errands.
Essential Functions: (proportions will vary through the year)
- Assist with the completion of student new hire paperwork 30%
- Create and maintain paper and electronic personnel files 30%
- Provide customer service to people entering the office 10%
- Run errands 10%
- Review and cleanup projects as assigned 15%
- Provide clerical support to other members of the department as assigned 5%
- Related office experience, preferably in a public service environment required.
- Very strong attention to detail required.
- Ability to handle contacts with a wide variety of faculty, students, staff and others, in person and by telephone, with tact, courtesy and discretion required.
- Ability to work well with other staff members required.
- Flexibility and ability to handle multiple priorities required.
- Experience with data input required.
Please email Gina Petersen at email@example.com if interested in this position.
Return to student job opportunities