The University of Chicago Library
Title: Searching Assistant
Division: Humanities and Social Sciences
Department: Humanities/ Western European Literature
Supervisor: Bibliographer for Literatures of Europe & the Americas
Schedule (Hrs/Week): 8-10
Student position are available to students at the University of Chicago.
- Search in various databases, particularly the Library catalog and WorldCat.
- Identify books in the areas of Latin American history and social sciences of interest to the Library based on specific criteria and make recommendations.
- Related duties as individual interests and departmental needs require.
- Fluency in Spanish required.
- Knowledge of Portuguese preferred.
- Knowledge of the academic fields of Latin American History or Social Sciences required.
- Attention to detail on performing repetitive tasks required.
Ability to work at computer for up to 4 hours at a time required.
Return to Student Opportunities