© 2010 University of Chicago Library
University of Chicago. Phi Sigma Delta, Mu Chapter. Records
0.5 linear ft. (1 box)
Special Collections Research Center
The Phi Sigma Delta, Mu Chapter Records contain a small fraternity paddle.
The collection is open for research.
When quoting material from this collection, the preferred citation is: University of Chicago. Phi Sigma Delta, Mu Chapter. Records, [Box #, Folder #], Special Collections Research Center, University of Chicago Library
Phi Sigma Delta was founded at Columbia University on November 10, 1909. It was organized to foster and nurture the comradeship of its founders. The fraternity then merged with Phi Alpha on April 6, 1959. Phi Sigma Delta disappeared as a national fraternity in 1969 when it merged with Zeta Beta Tau, Its total membership, as of May of 1967, was 19,500, including forty-nine active and twenty-two inactive chapters. The Mu chapter was based in Chicago.
The small paddle in the collection announces a pledge party in the autumn of 1957.
The following related resources are located in the Department of Special Collections:
Small fraternity paddle, 1957