1. Harper is quiet but always seems to be too cold or too hot for comfort, and the chairs are really ratty.
2. Harper is great, although soporific because of the intense heat.
3. Everything is pretty great-- I wish the Reg were more attractive though, at least on the inside. The open ceilings make it a depressing place to work, but Harper closes so early that you're forced to go there.
4. The Harper Library does not have good radiators. It is extremely cold in there during winter.
5. In the winter, Harper Library is only marginally warmer than the outside temperature. Otherwise, that is my favorite study space.
6. Harper always sounds like being on an airplane.
7. I love love love Harper library-it is such a great escape from the Medical Complex as well as the speed of modern life. I like the peace and quiet, the architecture, and the integrity of the space. I wish the hours were expanded though. And a few more updated computers would be nice. What happened to the coffee shop that used to be housed in the same building? Bottom line, Haper Library embodies the U of C and I am happy to be a part of it!
8. Since arriving at Chicago in 2005, I have been consistently impressed and delighted by te service I've received at the Regenstein (and Harper. Crerar, Eckhart, and Law when I've used them)
9. Otherwise, however, I think the libraries overall, especially Harper and Crerar, are very well structured, serviced, and administered.
10. I love Harper.
11. Harper is great!!!
12. I use the Regenstein, Harper, and Crerar libraries. I find all three excellent under all respects.
13. Why not update Harper into a useable study space instead of as a warehouse for broken furniture? You could heat that space, add more computers, and make it accessible instead of squeezing everyone into the Reg.
14. We should pack Regenstein with books rather than undergraduate students. Alternatively, let's turn Harper into a research library since it's already abandoned by undergraduates.
15. Little things like making sure that there are coat hooks on the back of the all the doors in the bathrooms make a big difference. I'm sometimes embarassed that such simple things are in poor repair (both in Harper and the Reg) since visiting scholars experience the U of C largely through our libraries.
16. I wish there were more private study areas, and some more of those nice wooden chairs they have in the north room of Harper instead of all cushy ones.
17. Make materials in Harper Storage more accessible.longer hours and more heat at Harper.
18. There should be more econ tutors available in harper on a daily basis, for the amount of econ majors there are at this school one simply is not enough. Seriously, it ruins my life
19. the reg and harder both need more easily accessed electrical AC plugs for laptops in the private study areas as well as on the main study floors.
20. Harper would be a better study space if there were more outlets.
21. We need better air circulation and more plugs in Harper and the reg. Return to TOC