Jiaxun Benjamin Wu
Chinese Studies Librarian
Jiaxun Wu provides support for teaching and research needs of the faculty and students on Chinese studies. His main responsibilities on Chinese studies are:
- Collection assessment and development
- Evaluate the collection in subject areas
- Select books and other materials to support academic programs
- Take care of patrons’ requests
- Reference consultation and services
- Provide reference/consultation
- Develop/update LibGuide
- Introduction to library resources for classes or workshops
- Introduce the important resources in the subject areas
- Teach search techniques for efficient research
Jiaxun Wu is the author of articles on Chinese history, bibliographic studies and reference services. He is also the coauthor and co-compiler of books.
Jiaxun has served various committees actively as member, chair and director. He currently serves as the co-chair of CALA Conference Travel Grant committee.
Jiaxun graduated with honor from San Jose State University Master of Library Science program with the emphasis on academic library, and graduated with honor from the University of Southern California Master of Arts program with the emphasis on Chinese history.