GIS Resident Librarian
Taylor Hixson provides University of Chicago students, faculty, and staff with geographic information systems (GIS) support and services including:
- identifying spatial data resources
- helping organize, format, and join spatial datasets
- providing one-on-one and classroom instruction for desktop GIS and web mapping tools
- consulting with patrons about integrating GIS into current and future projects
- linking patrons with advanced spatial analysis and computing centers at the university
Taylor has a Master of Science in Information Sciences from the University of Tennessee’s School of Information Sciences and a Bachelor of Science in Mass Communication with a journalism specialty from Middle Tennessee State University’s College of Media and Entertainment.