Global population data available
East View, the data publisher, provides this information about the updated database:
- Adjusted population totals and distributions for Syria, Iraq and Ukraine to account for refugee and internally displaced persons movements as of June 2016
- Results from Oak Ridge National Laboratory’s LandScan HD data, (developed at 3 arc-seconds) for certain national and regional areas
- Output from Oak Ridge National Laboratory’s “Settlement Mapper Tool” (which rapidly delineates and characterizes settlements using high-resolution imagery)
- Refined urban built-up areas
- Thousands of additional smaller villages and populated places
- Improved spatial precision and population distribution values
The library also has the LandScan 2007 Global Population Database.
For assistance or questions about accessing this or other spatial data through the University of Chicago Library, contact Resident Librarian for GIS Taylor Hixson (email@example.com). More information about the library’s support for spatial data and GIS is available in the library’s research guide.