Map Collection extends hours, GIS assistance
The Regenstein Library Map Collection has extended its hours Monday through Thursday: now opening at 10 a.m.
In addition to regular Map Collection use, between 10 a.m. and 12 p.m. Monday through Thursday during the academic quarter, GIS Resident Librarian Taylor Hixson will offer walk-in GIS assistance to patrons.
Taylor can assist walk-in patrons by:
- identifying spatial data resources
- helping organize, format, and join spatial datasets
- finding journal articles, books, and other research about GIS
- providing basic instruction for desktop GIS and web mapping tools
- consulting with patrons about planning and managing spatial data research
- linking patrons with advanced spatial analysis and computing centers at the university
Taylor is also available for scheduled GIS consultations in Crerar Library. To schedule a GIS consultation, e-mail her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Map Collection is located on the third floor of Regenstein Library, and during the academic quarters its hours of operation are Monday-Thursday 10 a.m.-5 p.m. and Friday 12 -5 p.m. Hours during interims are Monday-Friday 12-5 p.m.