Successful launch of Paging & Pickup, Scan & Deliver, and UChicago Card services
The second half of June saw the successful launch of Paging & Pickup, Scan & Deliver, and UChicago Card services at the Library. From June 15-29, more than 1,560 requests for Paging & Pickup were filled for 333 individuals. More than 325 Scan & Deliver requests were completed for 245 individuals, and 86 UChicago Cards were issued.
Paging & Pickup and Scan & Deliver services are now available for materials in the circulating collections of Crerar, Eckhart, Regenstein and Mansueto libraries. These services are for current UChicago faculty, other academic appointees, postdocs, students, and staff. All paged material will be available for pickup by appointment in the outer lobby of Regenstein.
“We are pleased to now be offering these on-site services and are gratified to be hearing from faculty and students who say that they are very helpful in advancing their work,” said Brenda Johnson, Library Director and University Librarian.
The Library greatly appreciates that our patrons have been following safety procedures when picking up materials. Please remember:
- Materials are to be picked up only during scheduled appointment times. After you have placed your request through the Library Catalog, wait for an email notification with a link that will allow you to schedule your appointment once your request has been processed.
- Wear a mask or face covering at all times.
- Observe social distancing of at least 6 feet at all times.
- Enter via the signed entry door at the south entrance of Regenstein.
- Form a queue in the outer lobby based on the floor markings and signs.
- Wait for Library staff to call you forward to the pickup point.
- Display your UChicago Card when asked.
- Once you have picked up your material, leave via the signed exit door.
Please be aware that materials cannot be returned during the pickup process. Patrons permanently leaving the University may register for a 30-minute time slot to return Library materials.