Reader Services Page
Title: Reader Services Page
Division / Dept. : Special Collections Research Center
Reports to: Reader Services Manager
Work Schedule: Minimum of 8-10 hours per week (M-F, 8:30am-5:00pm).
Student positions at the University of Chicago Library are available only to University of Chicago students.
Retrieve, re-shelve, and scan rare books and manuscripts, and other collection maintenance and reader services tasks. Related duties as individual interests and departmental needs require.
- Must be able to work hands-on with sensitivity while handling rare and fragile materials
- Must have the ability to follow directions carefully and work independently
- Strong attention to detail required
- Must be able to accurately perform repetitive tasks
- Student should have basic computer literacy
- General interest in library organization preferred
- Ability to handle rare and fragile materials in a safe and sensitive manner required.
- Ability to repeatedly lift boxes that weigh up to 49lbs. in tight spaces, from floor to shelves of varying height, required.
- Ability to work for extended periods at computer workstation required.
- Ability to tolerate moderate levels of dust and odor required.
Ability to lift 49lbs.
Students interested in working for the library can apply online via our Library Student Employment Application.
Please contact Christine Colburn at email@example.com once you have filled out an application
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or status as an individual with disability.
The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity / Disabled / Veterans Employer.
Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process may contact Human Resources at Library HR with their request.