Mansueto Deaccession Assistant
Title: Mansueto Deaccession Assistant
Division / Dept.: Collections and Access / Mansueto
Reports to: Mansueto Evening/Weekend Supervisors
Work Schedule: 16hrs/wk
Student positions at the University of Chicago Library are available only to University of Chicago students.
Reporting to Mansueto Evening/Weekend supervisors, the Mansueto Deaccession Assistant will work as part of a team in the basement of Mansueto to remove items from the ASR inventory as part of Phase II of the ongoing Shared Print Repository project. The work will involve detailed training on using the ASR system and be scheduled during specific times of the week.
- Sun 8p-12a
- Mon 8p-12a
- Wed 8p-12a
- Thu 8p-12a
- Remove items from the ASR inventory using EMS software.
- Check withdrawals against a library database
- Load and move library carts holding ~50 books at a time.
- Work as an interchangeable part of a 7-person team to process and relocate hundreds of books each shift.
- Must have a good attention to detail
- Must be able to function as part of a team
- Must be able to push heavy carts of books
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
- Must be able to commit to regular nighttime schedule
To Apply :
Interested candidates should apply online via our Library Student Employment Application. This position will remain open until filled.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or status as an individual with disability.
The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity / Disabled / Veterans Employer.
Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process may contact Human Resources at Library HR with their request