Title: Processing Assistant
Division / Dept. : D'Angelo Law Library / Collection Services
Reports to: Sheila Ralston
Work Schedule: 10-15 hours per week between 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM Monday-Friday
Student positions at the University of Chicago Library are available only to University of Chicago students.
This position will be processing books for shelving at the D'Angelo Law Library.
- Receiving basic Process books for shelving which includes stamping, creating spine labels and attaching them to new books
- Route finished materials appropriately
- File briefs and records
- File pamphlets for shelving which includes filing newly received pamphlets and pocket parts in the stacks
- Keeping accurate records
- Some heavy lifting
- Performing other related duties as assigned
- Some knowledge of library procedures
- Light typing
- Accuracy and attention to detail essential
Students interested in working for the library can apply online via our Library Student Employment Application. Candidates will be contacted via email for an interview.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or status as an individual with disability.
The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity / Disabled / Veterans Employer.
Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process may contact Human Resources at Library HR with their request.