Internet Resources for Book Collecting
General information sites:
- Book collecting and book buying: book resource guide prepared by the University of Delaware Library including links to "Aids in Creating a Collection Inventory."
- Book collecting resources: resource guide prepared by Washington University Libraries including a list of "Books About Books."
- Your Old Books: informative and practical answers to frequently-asked questions about rare books and values.
Online sources for old/rare/out-of-print books:
Publications, clubs, and associations:
- ABAA (Antiquarian Booksellers Association of America): links to members' catalogs, lists of book fairs, resources for collectors.
- The Caxton Club of Chicago: program listings, publications, membership directory, and links to other sites.
- ILAB (International League of Antiquarian Booksellers): good source of news about people and events in the book trade and world of book collecting.
- Fine Books & Collections Magazine: lively articles on collections, collectors, and activities of interest to collectors and the book trade; link to subscription to free monthly e-newsletter.
- Rare Book School at the University of Virginia: continuing-education opportunities for students from all disciplines and levels to study the history of written, printed, and born-digital materials with leading scholars and professionals in the field.
Revised January 2015