Paging & Pickup, Scan & Deliver, and UChicago Card Services began June 15
All Library Spaces Currently Closed to Patrons Except Regenstein Lobby Pickup Area; Online Services Continue
Initial Phase of Reopening On-Site Services
Beginning on June 15, we are offering three on-site services:
Paging and Scan & Deliver now include materials from all campus libraries. All paged material will be picked up by appointment at Regenstein.
Returning materials: Patrons permanently leaving the University may schedule an appointment for a 30-minute time slot to return Library materials. Those who are staying in Chicago over the summer or returning in the fall are encouraged to keep the material loaned to you until the fall.
The Library is represented on several University committees planning for the resumption of programs and operations on campus and communicating with other campus groups and leaders as we continue to develop additional plans for a phased resumption of research activities in Library buildings.
We know how important our spaces, services, and collections are to research, teaching, and learning at the University, and therefore, we understand that the community is deeply affected by restrictions on on-site services necessitated by the COVID-19 pandemic. Please know:
- The University of Chicago Library is providing online services while our spaces are closed to patrons to help with your teaching, research, and learning. Among them, we continue to offer expert online reference, consultations, and library instruction to University of Chicago faculty, students, and staff.
- We are working on other service innovations to support the University of Chicago community and will continue to provide you with news about our evolving services.
- The Library continues to provide course reserves in support of remote learning.
Extended Due Dates and Suspended Fines for Physical Materials
- All overdue fines suspended: The Library is temporarily suspending all overdue fines as part of our ongoing response to the coronavirus. All Library items, including Interlibrary Loan, reserve material, and recalled items will not be charged overdue fines when returned after the Library reopens.
- The Library will not be preventing anyone from graduating at the end of Spring or Summer Quarter 2020.
- Do not return items by mail at this time.
- For University of Chicago faculty: Items currently checked out for a full year will be due May 1, 2021.
- For University of Chicago students, staff, and most other borrowers: Items currently checked out for the entire quarter will be due October 2, 2020.
- Interlibrary Loan and all other items currently checked out on shorter-term loans will now be due October 2, 2020.
Visit the University’s coronavirus updates page for the latest University of Chicago information.