Campus Card Requests
Campus Cards are available for individuals on campus who need access to services via a card, but are not eligible for a UChicago Card. We typically create new records within a few business hours of receiving the request.
- Only UChicago staff can request Campus Cards for individuals with a business need for one.
- Campus Cards expire 1 year from the date of issue.
- Campus Cards are issued without building access or privileges by default. Eligible services must be assigned by the individual service owner(s).
Campus Card request process
- We send the requestor a notice that the Campus Card record has been created.
- Requestor lets the cardholder know to make an appointment at https://rooms.lib.uchicago.edu/reserve/carding to pick up the Campus Card.
- Cardholder will get an appointment confirmation to visit the ID & Privileges Office to pick up the Campus Card. The cardholder will need government-issued photo ID like a passport or driver’s license.
- Within 30 minutes of issuing the Campus Card, the card record will appear in the CBORD building access system (covering the majority of University buildings). For BSD locations using Continuum for access control, the card record will appear in Continuum the next business morning.
- Your building manager (or another person responsible for your offices’ access management) can now establish building access for the cardholder.
**Requesting a new Campus Card for a user will result in the deactivation of their current Campus Card, even if it hasn't expired. Please plan to have the cardholder lose access until they can pickup their new Campus Card
Visiting the ID & Privileges Office
The ID & Privileges Office is located in the lobby of the Regenstein Library
1100 East 57th Street, Room 100F
Chicago, IL 60637
Card pickup appointments can be made here.
The email address for Campus Card concerns is CampusCard@lists.uchicago.edu