Campus Card Requests
Campus Cards are available for individuals on campus who need access to services via a card, but are not eligible for a UChicago Card. The cost of requesting a new or replacement Campus Card is $20.00. A departmental account number is required to place a Campus Card request.
Campus Cards expire 1 year from the date of issue. We typically create new records within a few business hours of receiving the request.
Campus Card request process:
- Campus Card request is submitted and charge for the card is accrued.
- We send the requestor a notice that the Campus Card record has been created.
- Requestor lets the cardholder know to visit the ID & Privileges Office to pick up the Campus Card. The cardholder will need government-issued photo ID like a passport or driver’s license.
- Within 30 minutes of issuing the Campus Card, the card record will appear in the CBORD building access system (covering the majority of University buildings). For BSD building access systems, the card record will appear the next business morning.
- Your building manager (or another person responsible for your offices’ access management) can now establish building access for the cardholder.
Please note that Campus Cards are issued without building access or privileges by default. Eligible services must be assigned by the individual service owner(s). Campus Cards are also not eligible for free rides on the 171 or 172 CTA bus routes.
The ID & Privileges Office is located in the lobby of the Regenstein Library:
1100 East 57th Street, Room 100F
Chicago, IL 60637
Our hours can be found on the all hours page, under the The Joseph Regenstein Library