Kregers Brat and Sausage Haus
On Feb 7, 1893 John Valentine Kreger bought the original grocery business at 133S Washington from Val Dieter. In 1926 the store moved to 605 N Ellsworth where Arnold Kreger, John’s son became the next owner. 1960 brought the next change of ownership when the brother sister team of Jim and Agnes Kreger, Arnold’s son and daughter took over the reigns.
For 120 years, four generations and two Naperville locations the store, now operating as Kreger’s Brat and Sausage Haus, continues as a thriving independent business run by the brother sister duo of Bill and Susan Kreger, Jim’s son and daughter.
Joseph Wilhelm, Butcher
Joseph Wilhelm on Czech Day at the 1933 Century of Progress World’s Fair. Wilhelm purchased the business at 6250 Ogden Avenue, Berwyn, IL from a family member in 1933. The bill of sale includes, among other things, the sausage stuffer, a meat chopper, slicing machine, chicken coop and 2 sets of mounted deer horns.