© 2007 University of Chicago Library
University of Chicago. Law Review. Records
.1 linear ft. (1 folder)
Special Collections Research Center
University of Chicago Law Review, journal. Established in 1933, the collection consists of materials related to the establishment of the Law Review.
When quoting material from this collection, the preferred citation is: University of Chicago. Law Review. Records
The task of initiating an official Law Review at the University of Chicago was first undertaken in 1933 by William Quinlan, Robert Lee Shapiro, and Graydon Megan. With the support of Dean Harry Bigelow, the journal became the university’s official Law Review. Student members of volume one, published in 1933, included Edward Levi, Stanley Kaplan, and Abraham Ribicoff. The Law Review has been in continuous publication since, and serves as a forum for professors, judges, practitioners, and students to express their ideas.
The Law Review Records consists of papers relating to the founding of a permanent law review. It includes correspondence, reports, staff candidates, potential members and contributors, and the proposed Law Review Articles of Association.
The following related resources are located in the Department of Special Collections:
|Box 1 Folder 1|
Correspondence between William Quinlan and Stanley Kaplan on founding of the student Law Review, 1983-1987