Train and Bus Service to Roja Muthiah Research Library
Suburban trains travel between Beach Station and Tiruvanmiyur through Indira Nagar station on weekdays (Monday to Friday). The Mass Rapid Transit System train passes through Fort, Park Town, Chintadripet, Chepauk, Tiruvallikeni, Lighthouse, Tirumailai/Mylapore, Mandaveli, Greenways Road, Kotturpuram, Kasturba Nagar, Indira Nagar and Tiruvanmiyur. Exiting Indira Nagar station (main entrance) you will find RMRL just in front of you.
Buses stop at Voluntary Health Services (VHS) and CPT/WPT stops.
City bus service to this stop (buses do not run frequently) includes:
- 5C from Broadway via Chennai Central Railway Station, Annasalai, R.A. Puram, Madya Kailash Temple and CPT/WPT;
- 5K from Mylapore via R.A. Puram, Adyar, Madya Kailash Temple and CPT/WPT;
- 5T from Vadapalani via K.K. Nagar, West Mambalam, T. Nagar, Saidapet, Madya Kalaish Temple and CPT/WPT;
- 19B from Saidapet via Anna University, Madya Kailash Temple and CPT/WPT.
To reach RMRL from places not directly connected by bus one may travel to Central Leather Research Institute (CLRI) or Madhya Kailash Temple and walk a few minutes southward on the I T Highway (new name for Old Mahabalipuram Road).
Bus service to CLRI/ Madhya Kailash Temple includes:
- A47, 47, 47D, 147 via Nungambakkam, T. Nagar, Saidapet, Anna University and Madhya Kailash Temple.
From Besant Nagar
- 47A, 23C via Adyar to Madhya Kailash Temple.
- 1A (LSS) via Anna Salai, Royapettah, Mandaveli, Adyar, Adyar Depot and Tiruvanmiyur. Change at Adyar.
- PP21, 21K, 21L, 60E, 60G via University of Madras, Santhome, Adyar and Madhya Kailash Temple.
- 21G via University of Madras, Mylapore, Mandaiveli, Kotturpuram and Anna University. Get down at Anna University and take a bus to Madhya Kailash Temple.
- It is easiest to take an auto rickshaw from Tiruvanmiyur. The distance is 1.2 km.
- 1 LSS, 1C via Beach station, Anna Salai, Mylapore, Mandaiveli, Adyar. Change at Adyar.
- 6D via Beach station, University of Madras, Santhome, Adyar, Besant Nagar and Indira Nagar (Water tank). It is 10 minutes walking distance from Indira Nagar bus stop.
- 5E via K K Nagar, Ashok Pillar, Saidapet, Anna University and Madhya Kailash Temple.
Return To: the description of RMRL
- M1, M7, M70 and M15. Get down at Tidel Park and walk or take a share auto to RMRL.
This page was last generated on 4 June 2005 at 2:30 PM CST
The URL of this page is: http://www.lib.uchicago.edu/e/su/southasia/rmrl-bus.html