Can't Find It? Place a Search Request
If you can't find an item on the shelf, you can request that Library staff search for it.
- Most searches are resolved within two business days.
- If found, the item will be made available for pick up and you will be notified by email.
- Items requested for pickup at their home location will be available as soon as they are located.
- Items requested for pickup at another location will be available within one business day after they are located.
- If not found, staff will notify you that it has been declared missing.
- If you would like immediate assistance, ask at any reference or circulation desk.
How to place a search request
- Open the full record of a title.
- In the "Holdings" section, find the item you want.
- Click on the "Can't Find it?" link.
- You will be prompted to log into My Library Account if you've not already done so.*
- Once logged in, you will directed to the Search Request screen.
*If you do not have borrowing privileges, you will be unable to place a search request through the Catalog. Please seek assistance at any reference or circulation desk.
Search Request Screen
- On the Search Request Screen, select a pickup location from the drop down menu.
- Click on the "Submit Request" button. You will be taken back to the full record and a message will display confirming your request was successfully submitted.
- Consult the "Requested Items" screen in My Library Account to check on the status of your request.
- You will receive an email notice once an item is available for pickup at your selected pickup location. All requested items are held for pickup for 7 days.