HathiTrust Emergency Access
While the Library buildings remain closed due to COVID 19, the HathiTrust is able to provide emergency digital access to many titles from our collection.
If you see "HathiTrust Emergency Access" linked from a catalog record, to access the material:
- Click the link.
- Click Log In at the top right.
- Select "University of Chicago" from the Institution list.
- Log in with your CNetID and password if prompted.
- If there are multiple volumes on the record, scroll down to the "Item Link" heading, and click "Temporary access" on the volume you wish to view.
- Click the "Check Out" button on the record of the material you wish to use.
Hathi ebooks and ejournals can be checked out for one hour. As long as you continue to use the material, it will be renewed to your account for additional increments of one hour. Due to copyright restrictions, only a limited number of UChicago users may access a given title at once.
Our Ebooks Guide has more information, including screenshots of the process.
For more information, see https://www.hathitrust.org/ETAS-User-Information