How to Book a Room
Only current University of Chicago students, faculty, and staff are eligible to book a room.
See the Library's Policies on Room Use for more information.
To view available rooms, visit rooms.lib.uchicago.edu.
For access via screen readers, visit the links below:
Links for screen readers are also available in the footer of each room booking page.
Booking a Room
Booking a room is easy. Just follow the steps below.
- Select a Room type.
- Select a room type from the pulldown menu.
- Group studies are available whenever Regenstein is open; Library classrooms are available outside of regular teaching hours only.
- Filter rooms by the number of people in your group (optional).
- To view rooms based on capacity, select the number of people in your group from the pulldown menu.
- To view all rooms, select "For any number of people."
- Select a date.
- Click on a date in the calendar. The room grid will display room availability for that date.
- You may book group study rooms up to 7 days in advance.
- Select room and time.
- Check the grid for available rooms and times for the date you selected on the calendar. Available time slots are green; booked time slots are red; unavailable time slots are blue.
- You can hover over the information symbol next to each room for a preview of its capacity, amenities, and location.
- Book room times by clicking on green (i.e., 'available') blocks. Each green time slot represents 30 minutes.
- Once you've selected a time slot, it turns orange. Select as many consecutive time slots as you like, yo to 3 hours per day
- To clear all selected time slots, click on the date in the calendar.
- After selecting a room and time, click "Continue" at the bottom of the screen to agree with room use policies.
- Click "Submit time slots."
- Enter your personal and group information.
- Login with your CNetID and password.
- Enter the name of your group. Your group name will be visible to all, so choose a name that other members of your group will recognize.
- Click "Submit my booking."
- To log out, close your browser.
- Bring your email confirmation with you.
- Once you've booked a room, you will receive a confirmation email with your booking details.
- Bring this confirmation email with you, either electronically or in print, as proof of your booking.
- If another group is using the room during a time you've reserved, present your confirmation email when requesting they vacate the room.
- Show up on time (with your group).
- At least 2 members of your group must arrive within 10 minutes of the start time of your booking or the booking is no longer valid.
- The booking may be cancelled by library staff and the room may be used by another group.
If you need to cancel a room booking, simply click on the cancellation link in your confirmation email.
Once submitted, bookings may not be modified. To change a booking, you will need to cancel and rebook it.
Still need help?
if you need immediate assistance, you may also speak to a supervisor at Regenstein Circulation.