How to Book a Room
Only current University of Chicago students, faculty, and staff are eligible to book a room.
See the Library's Policies on Room Use for more information.
To view available rooms, visit rooms.lib.uchicago.edu.
Booking a Room
Booking a room is easy. Just follow the steps below.
- Filter to find the kind of room you want (optional).
- Filter rooms by library, capacity, or category (within a library).
- All rooms are displayed by default.
- Select a date.
- Navigate forward and backward a day at a time using the < and > buttons.
- Or choose a specific date by clicking on "Go To Date"
- You may book rooms up to 7 days in advance.
- Select a room and start time.
- Check the grid for available rooms and times for the date you selected.
- You can click on "Info" next to each room to view its capacity, amenities, and location.
- Select the time you'd like your booking to start by clicking on an available 30 minute time slot.
- Select an end time.
- Your selected room and start time will appear at the bottom of the grid.
- You can now select an end time for your reservation. The default is 1 hour, but you can choose a longer or shorter time in 30 minute increments, up to a maximum of 3 hours per day.
- Or you can start over by clicking on the "trash" icon next to your booking.
- Submit your time and review booking details.
- Once you're ready, click on the "Submit Times" button.
- Log in with your CNet ID and password.
- Review your booking details and the terms and conditions of your booking.
- Click "Continue" to proceed or "Remove" to start over.
- Complete the room booking form.
- Your name and email address will appear automatically.
- Enter a name for your group. This name will be visible to all, so choose a name that other members of your group will recognize.
- Answer any other questions that are required.
- Click "Submit my booking" to complete your booking. You will see a confirmation screen and receive an email confirmation as well.
- Bring your email confirmation with you.
- Be sure to bring your confirmation email, either electronically or in print, with your booking details with you when you use the room as proof of your booking.
- If another group is using the room during a rime you've reserved, present your confirmation email when requesting they vacate the room.
- Show up on time (with your group).
- At least 2 members of your group must arrive within 10 minutes of the start time of your booking or the booking is no longer valid.
- The booking may be cancelled by library staff and the room may be used by another group.
Cancelling/changing a room booking
If you need to cancel a room booking, simply click on the cancellation link in your confirmation email.
Once submitted, bookings may not be modified. To change a booking, you will need to cancel and rebook it.
Searching for a group
If you know the name of your group but aren't sure where you're meeting, click "View Confirmed Bookings" to see a list of all bookings by group name.
You can filter by library, category, and date or search by group name.
Still need help?
if you need immediate assistance, you may also speak to a supervisor at Regenstein Circulation.