How to Book a Room
Only current University of Chicago students, faculty, and staff are eligible to book a room.
See the Library's Policies on Room Use for more information.
To view available rooms, visit Book a Room.
Booking a room
Booking a room is easy. Just follow the steps below.
- Click the "Book a Room" button.
- Click the Book a Room button to start a new room booking.
- On the New Room Booking screen, filter to find the kind of room you want.
- Filter rooms by library, category, and capacity.
- Select a date.
- Navigate forward and backward a day at a time using the < and > buttons.
- Or choose a specific date by clicking on "Go To Date"
- You may book rooms up to 7 days in advance.
- Select a room and start time from the grid.
- Check the grid for available rooms and times for the date you selected.
- You can click on "Info" next to each room to view its capacity, amenities, and location.
- Select the time you'd like your booking to start by clicking on an available 30 minute time slot.
- Select an end time or start over.
- Your selected room and start time will appear at the bottom of the grid.
- You can now select an end time for your reservation from the drop-down menu. The default is 1 hour, but you can choose a longer or shorter time in 30 minute increments, up to a maximum of 3 hours per day.
- Or you can start over by clicking on the "trash" icon next to your booking.
- Submit your time and review booking details.
- Once you're ready, click on the "Submit Times" button.
- Log in with your CNet ID and password.
- Review your booking details and the terms and conditions of your booking.
- Click "Continue" to proceed or "Remove" to start over.
- Complete the room booking form.
- Your name and email address will appear automatically.
- For group studies, enter a name for your group. This name will be visible to all, so choose a name that other members of your group will recognize.
- Answer any other questions.
- Click "Submit my booking" to complete your booking. You will see a confirmation screen and receive an email confirmation as well.
Checking in to your room
On the day you've booked the room, remember to follow these steps!
- Bring your email confirmation with you.
- Be sure to bring your confirmation email with you, either electronically or in print, when you use the room for the check-in code and as proof of your booking.
- If someone else is using the room during a time you've reserved, present your confirmation email when requesting they vacate the room.
- Check in to your room (within 15 minutes)!
- When you arrive at you room, scan the QR code on the door or click on the link in your confirmation email to check in.
- Enter the check-in code in your confirmation email.
- If you don't check in within 15 minutes of the start time of your booking, it will be automatically cancelled.
- Done early? Check out and free the room for others!
- When you're done using the room, scan the QR code on the door or click on the link your confirmation email again to check out.
- Checking out early will free up time you didn't use and allow others to book the room!
Cancelling/changing a room booking
If you need to cancel a room booking, simply click on the cancellation link in your confirmation email.
Once submitted, bookings may not be modified. To change a booking, you will need to cancel and rebook it.
Searching for a group
If you know the name of your group but aren't sure where you're meeting, click "View Confirmed Bookings" to see a list of all bookings by group name.
You can filter by library, category, and date or search by group name.
Still need help?
Contact us with comments or questions about Book a Room.
if you need immediate assistance, you may also speak to a supervisor at Regenstein Circulation.