Library Event Room Reservations for Non-Library Departments
Regenstein Rooms 122 & A-11 are intended primarily for Library sponsored events. Guidelines and fees for other uses of these spaces are described below.
Regenstein Room 122 is located at the west end of the Regenstein 1st Floor [LINK] outer lobby. Regenstein Room A-11 is located on the Regenstein A Level. [LINK]
Room Use Guidelines
- Regenstein Rooms 122 & A-11 are available for reservation for activities or academic events that have a substantial synergy with the Library's mission and programming.
- Regenstein Room 122 is also available to University Communications as a site for news conferences and news-related events; all use for this purpose should be coordinated with the News Office, 773-702-8360, email@example.com.
- Regenstein Rooms 122 & A-11 may be available for reservation for other uses by University departments with approval from Library administration
- These spaces are not available for the use of Registered Student Organizations, off-campus groups, or other private events.
- Room requests must follow the request submission process outlined below.
- Approved reservations, if not part of a Library sponsored event, incur a room use fee, as well as associated service costs if appropriate (event staffing, custodial coverage, etc.).
- Arrangements for rental equipment outside of the Library's inventory are the responsibility of the event organizer.
- Arrangements for catering are the responsibility of the event organizer and may require additional custodial coverage.
- Use of the Special Collections Exhibit Gallery (adjacent to Room 122) requires prior approval from Special Collections and events with food must provide a plan to prohibit food and drink from entering the gallery.
- Use of the restrooms connected to Room 122 may be restricted depending upon the time of the day and the day or week of the quarter. Restroom use may also be restricted due to certain Library programs. Confirmation of restroom use will be given during the pre-approval walk-through.
- Please submit room requests to Library Building Services at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Event requests must be submitted two (2) weeks prior to the event date.
- Please include the Department's 10 digit account number in the reservation request.
- Prior to approval, a walk-through is required to confirm the event's needs.
Room Rates & Fees (As of July 2015)
Room rates & fees listed are for weekday events that occur between 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.
Weekend rates include the room fee plus associated staffing fees.
Events that begin prior to 8:30 a.m. or extend past 4:30 p.m. will incur an additional hourly fee of $25.
Total event duration includes setup and breakdown times before and after the event.
|Rooms||Events less than 4 hours (considered half day rental)||Events over 4 hours (considered full day rental)|
|JRL 122A (East Room)||$325||$650|
|JRL 122B (West Room)||$325||$650|
|JRL 122A and 122B||$600||$1000|
Additional Services & Fees
|AV Use||Included in Room Rental Fee||Included services pertain to existing AV equipment only. Additional AV equipment rental is the event organizer's responsibility.|
|Room Setup||Included in Room Rental Fee||Included services pertain to existing furniture only. Additional furniture rental is the event organizer's responsibility.|
|AV Staffing||$100 plus $25 each hour past 4 hours||AV staffing to support use of AV equipment during an event is optional.|
|Custodial Staffing||$200 plus $50 each hour past 4 hours||Custodial staffing is required for all weekend events and may be required for weekday events over 4 hours in duration.|
Questions & Room Tours
For questions and/or room tours, please contact John Carey, Library Facilities Manager at email@example.com or (773) 702-6462.