John Crerar Library Corporate Members Program
The John Crerar Library at The University of Chicago is a large, modern research library in the sciences and medicine that supports the work of scholars, students, scientists, and physicians, as well as researchers in business, industry and the government.
The Crerar Library provides easy access to a rich collection of scientific resources in an attractive teaching and learning environment. It is home to more than 1.4 million volumes in the biological, medical, and physical sciences; in the philosophy and history of science, medicine and technology; and in general science. The collection also includes subscriptions to several thousand electronic science journals and databases that corporate members can access from within the library.
The program of corporate memberships makes Crerar library's collections and services available throughout the country to foster technological innovation and progress business, industry, and service professions.
Services available to corporate members
A professional staff of science librarians provides reference services for all user groups during major service hours, including:
- Individual consultations with reference librarians
- Responses to email queries
- Presentations tailored for specific groups of visitors to the library
- Online searches of bibliographic, numeric, and scientific data files in the biological and physical sciences conducted by library staff on a cost-recovery basis.
- Order photocopies online, with rush orders filled within 48 business hours, through our Document Delivery service for a reasonable fee.
What is included in a membership?
- One borrower card - allows cardholder to borrow University of Chicago Library books on a quarterly basis
- Two reference cards - allows cardholders to access any University of Chicago Library
- Photocopy and Document Delivery services
- On-site access to electronic resources
Please note that remote access to electronic resources is not available with a Corporate Membership.
Cost of year-long membership:
- For-Profit organization: $1,250
- Nonprofit organization: $650
If you have any questions, please contact us.
To apply, fill out, sign and mail application form to:
The John Crerar Library Corporate Members Program5730 S. Ellis Chicago, IL 60637Phone: (773) 702-8375
For a faster response, you may also scan the form and send it as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org.