Circulation Attendant SSA Library
Student positions at the University of Chicago Library are only available to University of Chicago students.
Division: Humanities and Social Sciences
Department: SSA Library
Hours per week: 10
Schedule: Tuesday 8:30 am - 12 pm; Friday 8:30 - 3pm
- Open or close the library.
- Circulate library items to patrons.
- Communicate library policy regarding circulation, fines, due dates, recalls, etc.
- Help patrons find material using online catalogs, the databases listed on the SSA Library's home page, and other library resources such as WorldCat, Articles+, etc.
- Shelve and shift books.
- Answer the office phone.
- Work unsupervised on evenings and weekends.
- Scanning articles for the Scan and Deliver service.
- Basic knowledge of academic library resources.
- Customer/patron service skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Basic computer skills.
Return to student job opportunities