- Scope of the Collection
- The University of Chicago maintains a special collection of separately published standardized printed instruments utilized in the fields of education and psychology. The collection now includes more than 5,200 separately published tests, dating back to some published in the early decades of the twentieth century. Especially well represented are measurement instruments for general personality, intelligence, and achievement.
- Accessing and Using the Test Collection
- The materials in the Test Collection are intended for academic research only. No tests may be circulated, lent through interlibrary loan, photocopied or administered.
The test collection is located on the Fourth Floor of the Regenstein Library. To gain access to materials in the collection, appointments are necessary and can be scheduled from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday through Friday. If you would like to schedule an appointment or ask a question please fill out our email form.
- Determining what the Library Owns
- Instruments in the UofC Test Collection are not listed in the general library
catalogs. A separate index card file is located in the Fourth Floor Reading
Room of the Regenstein Library. Tests are entered under
title, author, and broad subject classification.
Also available are online listings of test titles acquired since July 1, 1998 and another for titles acquired from July 1, 1995 through June 30, 1998.