BEFORE YOU START:
• Review a state research guide for your jurisdiction (search the Library catalog for titles).
• Review your jurisdiction's state code.
• Find the court rules for your jurisdiction.
• Review resources, especially practice materials, that are available for your jurisdiction on Lexis/Westlaw/ Bloomberg Law.
• Review treatises for the practice area(s) in which you will work.
RESEARCH HELP: Over the summer, the D'Angelo Law Library reference librarians are available between 9 am - 5 pm weekdays. Call us for help (773-702-9631) or use our Ask-a-Law-Librarian service (http://www.lib.uchicago.edu/e/law/using/reference/ask.html).
RESEARCH GUIDES: The D'Angelo Law Library maintains a number of online research guides on a variety of jurisdictions and legal topics that may be helpful for your research over the summer. Visit http://guides.lib.uchicago.edu/dangelo.
DATABASES: Most D'Angelo Law Library resources remain available to you over the summer, including everything listed on the D'Angelo Law Library Law Databases page, with the following exceptions.
WESTLAW SUMMER ACCESS: Your Westlaw password may be extended during the summer for use in connection with:
• Summer law school classes and study abroad programs
• Law review or law journal work, including write-on competitions
• Research assistant work
• Moot court
• Unpaid, nonprofit public-interest internship/externship pro bono work required for graduation
To extend your Westlaw password, go to http://lawschool.westlaw.com/registration/SummerExtension.aspx.
Law School Westlaw passwords may NOT be used for research for law firms, government agencies, corporations, or other purposes unrelated to law school coursework. Even if you don't qualify to extend your Westlaw password, you will still have 40 hours of access for the month of July.
LEXISNEXIS SUMMER ACCESS: Students will have full access to Lexis Advance all summer.
BLOOMBERG LAW SUMMER ACCESS: Students will have full access to Bloomberg Law all summer.
If your employer has its own LexisNexis and/or Bloomberg Law subscription, use of that subscription for employment-related work may be preferred. Check with your firm librarian.