Autumn 2021 at the Library
We welcome all University of Chicago faculty, students, and staff to the Library for the Autumn Quarter.
The Library is pleased to announce that most pre-pandemic services are available again for Autumn Quarter 2021. Bookstacks are open to our community, group studies will reopen for use with reservations, and individual study seats are available without reservations. Library staff members are ready to work with you in myriad ways.
Crerar, Eckhart, Mansueto, and Regenstein libraries are open to all University of Chicago faculty, students, and staff; D’Angelo Law Library is open to Law faculty, students, and staff only; and the Social Work Library is open to Crown Family School faculty, students, and staff only. Materials from D’Angelo and Social Work libraries can be picked up at other campus libraries using our Paging & Pickup service.
We would like to highlight a few services that have changed:
- Paging & Pickup continues with expanded pickup locations. The Library’s Paging & Pickup service allows current University of Chicago faculty, students, and staff to request materials from the Library’s circulating collections via the Library Catalog. Items will be paged by Library staff, with pick up available to patrons at Crerar, Eckhart, or Regenstein, as they choose, typically within three business days. Law faculty students and staff will also be able to pick up items from any campus library at D’Angelo Law Library, while Crown Family School faculty, students, and staff will be able to pick up materials at the Social Work Library.
- Student Library Information Assistants will be available on the First Floor of Regenstein Library starting in Autumn Quarter to help our users navigate and utilize our services and resources. The Ask a Librarian service remains available online via chat, text, and email. Librarians are available by appointment.
- All Night Study is being discontinued. After careful analysis of use trends over time, and in alignment with other Health & Wellness and safety initiatives on campus, All-Night Study will not be offered for the 2021-2022 academic year. Later study periods will be offered during specific times such as Reading Periods.
- Individual Video Conference Rooms are being introduced. We will be opening several rooms for use by individuals for video meetings, classes and interviews. Booking for these rooms, along with group studies, will be available via Book a Room beginning September 27.
- The A Level and Fourth Floor of Regenstein are restored to their original uses. The A Level will reopen as a Collaborative Zone beginning October 5. The Fourth Floor has reverted to its original use as a Quiet Zone.
- Appointments are needed to visit Special Collections.
- Ex Libris is available as a space with vending machines at the beginning of Autumn Quarter and will reopen as a café later in the term.
- The TechBar is open.
For Library hours, visit hours.lib.uchicago.edu.