Services & Policies Have Changed
Library services and policies on this page have been updated in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Limited Access - UChicago Students, Faculty, & Staff Only
Library buildings are offering on-site services only for UChicago faculty, other academic appointees, postdocs, students, and staff with a current UChicago ID. See Library Hours for details by location.
Current faculty, students, and staff may access existing rental lockers as well as rent new lockers.
See Rental Lockers for more information.
Other patrons with materials currently in a Regenstein locker may request materials be retrieved by Library staff and made available for pickup by emailing email@example.com.
There are 62 day lockers on the A-Level of Regenstein, 14 of which are equipped with outlets for charging laptops and mobile devices.
- Day lockers are available for short term use during the day only.
- Lockers must be emptied before the A Level closes at the end of the day.
- Items left in day lockers after closing will be removed.
- Lockers may not be used to store items that may be a health, safety, or security concern.
- The Library is not responsible for loss or damage of any material stored in lockers.
Requesting Materials from a Regenstein Locker
Patrons with Library or personal materials currently in a Regenstein locker may request materials be retrieved by Library staff and made available for pickup.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request materials from your locker.
Library staff will email you a link to reserve a time to pick up your items from the outer lobby of Regenstein when they are ready.
You may request:
- the entire contents of your locker (all personal items and Library materials)
- All personal items only (any Library materials will be checked in)
If you no longer have borrowing privileges, you will only be able to request personal items. Library materials will be checked in and returned to the stacks.