Scan & Deliver
Scan & Deliver is a free document delivery service exclusively for University of Chicago faculty, students and staff. With Scan & Deliver, you can get scanned copies from print material owned by our library within 4 business days.
Scan & Deliver requests are limited by copyright and policy restrictions. See Scan & Deliver FAQ for details.
How to use Scan & Deliver
- Find the material you want scanned in the Library Catalog.
- When you find the correct record, scroll down and choose "Scan and Deliver" from the item you want scanned.
- Login with your CNET ID and password to complete the request form.
- Some fields of the form will be filled out automatically. Complete all required fields (chapter number, article title, inclusive pages, etc.) and provide any additional information that would help staff fill your request.
- Click Submit Request at the bottom of the request form.
You will receive an email notification with a link to the PDF when your request is available.
If you're not able to find what you're looking for in the catalog, Ask a Librarian.
Scan and Deliver is generally not available for items that are available online, so don't forget to check! Many articles and a large number of books are already available electronically through our subscriptions. If we find a requested item this way, we'll refer you to the electronic version.
How do I find articles? can help you locate resources in journals, magazines, and newspapers.
How do I find ebooks? can help you with book chapters.
Not in Our Collections or Unavailable
If we don't have what you need in our collections, or it's loaned, missing, or otherwise not available, use Interlibrary Loan to get a scan of the article or chapter from another institution.
You can also place a Scan & Deliver request manually. Manual requests may require additional processing time.