Suggest a Purchase
Services & Policies Have Changed
Library services and policies on this page have been updated in response to the COVID-19 emergency.
In order to support faculty, students, and staff working both remotely and on-campus:
- Purchasing will be done in electronic format, if available.
- If an electronic format is not available, a print format will be purchased. If you are unable to check out print, write "must be electronic" in the Additional Comments.
- If you urgently need an electronic copy of an item already owned by the Library, write "must be electronic" in the Additional Comments
The Library welcomes suggestions from all members of the community for the acquisition of materials which support the University's teaching and research programs.
Before submitting a request, please check the online catalog to determine whether the material you want is already owned by the Library or on order.
- If the material is available, click on the "Request for Pickup" link. Library staff will page the item for you.
- If the material is already on order or in process , you may click on the "Place Hold" link in the Catalog to submit a hold request and the item will be held for pickup when it arrives.
Paging items and placing holds on items is currently limited to UChicago faculty, students, and staff.