Title: Exhibit Assistant
Division / Dept.: Research and Learning / Hanna Holborn Gray Special Collections Research Center
Reports to: Chelsea Kaufman
Work Schedule: 10-15hrs/wk
Student positions at the University of Chicago Library are available only to University of Chicago students.
The Exhibit Assistant will assist with exhibition production, maintenance, record-keeping and other exhibition activities. Production duties include, but are not limited to, making book mounts, formatting labels, and installing/deinstalling exhibitions. Exhibit maintenance duties include monitoring case contents, lighting, and physical conditions. Exhibit record-keeping duties include maintaining exhibit databases and paper files, as well as assisting on planning projects as assigned.
Some physically demanding tasks including lifting and moving materials weighing up to 49 pounds.
- Must have keen manual dexterity and the ability to handle rare and fragile materials in a safe and sensitive manner
- Must posses the ability to follow directions carefully and work both independently and as part of a team
- Must be able to accurately perform repetitive tasks
- Strong attention to details required
- Ability to keep an organized and tidy work area required
- Ability to write legibly required
- Student should have basic computer literacy and a general interest in library organization
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite software and an arts background helpful
To Apply :
Interested candidates should apply online via our Library Student Employment Application. This position will remain open until filled.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or status as an individual with disability.
The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity / Disabled / Veterans Employer.
Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process may contact Human Resources at Library HR with their request