Title: Serial Processor
Division / Dept.: Research and Learning / Middle East Studies
Work Schedule: set upon hire
Student positions at the University of Chicago Library are available only to University of Chicago students.
- Maintain all serials, including Roman alphabet, Arabic, Persian, and Turkish, received in the Middle East department on the fifth floor
- Check in serials as received
- Maintain serials records
- Shelve serials in RR5 reading room and cage
- Prepare serials for binding
- Assist patrons by phone, e-mail, and in person
- Assist Department head as necessary
- Graduate student status required.
- College work in a field related to Middle East Studies required.
- Familiarity with Middle Eastern and Western European languages of scholarship preferred.
- Knowledge of academic libraries preferred.
- Knowledge of library procedures and operations and considerable skills in organizing work and working independently required.
To Apply :
Interested candidates should apply online via our Library Student Employment Application. This position will remain open until filled.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or status as an individual with disability.
The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity / Disabled / Veterans Employer.
Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process may contact Human Resources at Library HR with their request