Policy on Acceptable Use of Electronic Resources
The University of Chicago Library licenses electronic resources for the research and teaching use of the University of Chicago community. Each user is responsible for complying with the terms and conditions of these licenses. Failure to do so can result in the loss of access to a resource for the entire University community.
Our licenses generally prohibit the following uses:
- Allowing anyone other than authorized users to access the licensed resources.
- Downloading entire issues of online journals or major portions of electronic books.
- Downloading text to create a corpus of text for analysis.
- Using software or other automated tools to systematically download licensed content.
- Using licensed resources for commercial purposes.
- Modifying or creating derivative works of the licensed materials.
- Removing, obscuring, or modifying any copyright or other notices included in the licensed materials.
Many resources have more detailed terms and conditions of use; please see individual product sites for more information.
Use of any Library electronic resource constitutes acceptance of the University's Policy on Information Technology Use and Access.
If you have any questions, please Ask a Librarian.