Self-Checkout In Your Pocket
The Checkout UChicago app is a fast, easy way to check out materials from the University of Chicago Library with your phone or tablet.
With Checkout UChicago, you can check out books and store them in your locker without having to bring them to Circulation.
Who Can Use Checkout UChicago?
UChicago students, faculty, staff, and others with borrowing privileges at the University of Chicago Library.
Download the App
Download the app with the buttons below or search for “Checkout UChicago” in your app store. Allow Checkout UChicago to access your camera and send notifications.
Using the App
Enable the app once downloaded
- Scan or enter your library barcode (on the back of your UChicago Card).
- Enter your last name.
- Press the "Start" button.
Check out items
- In the checkout screen, use the “+” button to bring up the camera to scan items.
- Scan item barcodes to check them out to your Library account.
- Touch the “Finish” button when done. An email receipt will be sent listing the items you've checked out.
If you want to leave the library with your items, in Regenstein, use the self-service Deactivation Station at the Circulation desk. Follow the instructions posted at the station
At other campus libraries, bring them to Circulation staff.
Items borrowed via Checkout UChicago must be renewed or returned to a Circulation desk like any other Library item. Once an item is checked out via the app, you are responsible for it until it is properly returned.
See Renewing & Returning Items for more information.
Let us know what you think of Checkout UChicago: