Access & Privileges
Services & Policies Have Changed
Library services and policies on this page have been updated in response to the COVID-19 emergency.
Borrowing & Electronic Resources (UChicago Students, Faculty, & Staff Only)
At this time, only current University of Chicago faculty, students, and staff are eligible to borrow from the Library's collections, via Paging & Pickup.
Most electronic resources are also limited to current University of Chicago faculty, students, and staff, due to licensing restrictions.
Others who wish to consult materials from our collections are encouraged to contact their local academic or public library to request materials via their Interlibrary Loan service.
Limited On-Site Services (UChicago Students, Faculty, & Staff Only)
Libraries buildings are offering limited services by reservation for current UChicago students, faculty, and staff only. See Library Hours for details by location.
- UChicago Faculty, Students, & Staff
- Alumni of the University of Chicago
- University Advisory Councils, Women's Board, and Library Society
- Researchers from Other Colleges & Universities
- Visitors to the Library
- Library Cards, PINs, & Contact Information
- Proxy & Off-Campus Access
- Contact the ID and Privileges Office