Access & Privileges
As a private institution, the University of Chicago Library is dedicated to serving the research and teaching needs of our faculty and students, as well as the larger University community of alumni and staff. Beyond serving the University, we also recognize that we are a destination for scholars from around the world and strive to provide access to our collections to those with a legitimate research need. If your research leads you to our collections, we will do our best to provide access whenever possible.
We expect all users to abide by the policies and principles expressed in the Library's statement of User Rights and Responsibilities for Creating and Sustaining a Scholarly Environment. We are committed to providing access to both our physical and electronic resources to users with disabilities; see Information for Patrons with Disabilities.
Choose one of the categories below to find out what kinds of access and privileges we can offer you.
- UChicago Faculty, Students, and Staff
- Privileges for UChicago Faculty, Students, & Staff at Other Libraries
- Alumni & Other Researchers
- Library Cards, PINs, & Contact Information
- Proxy & Off-Campus Access
- Contact the ID and Privileges Office