To request a book from D'Angelo Law Storage, click on the "Request from DLL Storage" link in the Library Catalog record for the item. The item's information will be filled out automatically. You will just need to provide your contact information.
If you can’t find the item record you’re looking for in the Library Catalog, you can also fill out a blank version of the D'Angelo Law storage paging form.
D'Angelo Law Library Storage Collections
The D'Angelo Law Library maintains several storage collections. Law materials shelved in storage include: pre-1978 law treatises, state session laws, and official reports; faculty and alumni publications; some foreign law materials; and rare books. Items located in a storage collection will have one of the following collection locations in the library's online catalog:
- D'Angelo Law, Storage Collection
- D'Angelo Law, North Annex Collection
- D'Angelo Law, South Annex Collection
- D'Angelo Law, Alumni Collection
- D'Angelo Law, Chicago Collection
- D'Angelo Law, Rare Book Room
How do I obtain materials from a D'Angelo Law Library storage collection?
D'Angelo Law's storage collections are closed stacks and available only to the staff of the D'Angelo Law Library. Patrons who wish to consult materials in those collection locations must request the desired items from storage. Paging for materials in storage is available Monday through Friday during the day. Paging requests may be submitted during the evenings and weekends but will not be handled until the next business day. Patrons may page the materials in one of the following ways:
- A patron may look up an item in the Library Catalog and click on the "Request from DLL Storage" link to complete a paging request form.
- If you can't find the item record in the Library Catalog, you can also fill out a blank version of the DLL Law storage paging form.
- A patron may telephone the D'Angelo Law Library Circulation Desk (773-702-0213) and make a request.
- Law faculty paging may be handled through FacultyWeb or through a request submitted as above.
- There is no limit on the number of paging requests a patron may submit.
When will an item paged from the D'Angelo Law Library storage collections be available?
D'Angelo Law Storage collections paging requests:
- Requests made in person will be paged within an hour from the time the request is made.
- Requests made during the evenings and on weekends will be paged by 10 a.m. the next business day.
- Requests submitted electronically via the web will be paged within an hour of receipt by the D'Angelo Law Library staff.
- If an item cannot be located when paged, the patron will receive notice by e-mail prior to the time when the patron expects the item to be available. The e-mail will indicate that a search for the item will be initiated and ask if the patron wishes to be notified when/if the item is found.
Do materials in D'Angelo Law Library storage collections circulate outside of the library?
Most materials located in the D'Angelo Law Library storage collections circulate upon patron request.
- For example, primary law materials, such as the state legislative materials, will only circulate to faculty and to law students assigned carrels. Other patrons may page an item for use in the library.
- Upon request, the Library may grant exceptions to circulation policies.
- Items in the D'Angelo Law Rare Book Rooms do not circulate.