D'Angelo Law Library Storage Collections
The D'Angelo Law Library maintains several storage collections. Law materials shelved in storage include: pre-1978 law treatises, state session laws, and official reports; faculty and alumni publications; some foreign law materials; and rare books. Items located in a storage collection will have one of the following collection locations in the library's online catalog:
- D'Angelo Law, North Annex Collection
- D'Angelo Law, South Annex Collection
- D'Angelo Law, Alumni Collection
- D'Angelo Law, Chicago Collection
- D'Angelo Law, Rare Book Room
How do I obtain materials from a D'Angelo Law Library storage collection?
D'Angelo Law's storage collections are in closed stacks accessible only to D'Angelo Law Library staff. Patrons who wish to consult materials in the storage collections may request the desired items from storage by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or using the Ask a Law Librarian form. D’Angelo Law Library pages from storage collections daily Monday through Friday. Paging requests may be submitted during evenings and weekends but will not be handled until the next business day.
Requests are made as follows:
- A patron may look up an item in the Library Catalog, and items with "Request from Storage" on the item catalog record must be requested at email@example.com or using the Ask a Law Librarian form. Please include as much detail about the item as possible, including a link to the Library Catalog record.
- Law faculty may also request storage collections material through FacultyWeb.
- Patrons may submit as many paging requests as they need, one item per request.
- If you can’t find the item record you’re looking for in the Library Catalog, you may contact us using this form, visit the D'Angelo Law Library circulation desk during regular business hours, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
When will an item paged from the D'Angelo Law Library storage collections be available?
- Patrons will receive an email within 24 hours of submission of their paging request, notifying them either that the material is being held for them at Law Circulation or that the item could not be located.
- If the item could not be located, a search for it will be initiated. The patron will be notified by email if the item is found.
Do materials in D'Angelo Law Library storage collections circulate outside of the library?
- Most materials located in the D'Angelo Law Library storage collections circulate upon patron request.
- Primary law materials, such as state legislative materials, only circulate to faculty and to law students' assigned carrels. Other patrons may page building use only items for use in the library.
- Items in the D'Angelo Law Rare Book Rooms do not circulate.