The final version of your dissertation is due no later than 4:30 p.m. Wednesday, November 9. Earlier submissions are welcome!
The dissertation defense and any changes recommended by the dissertation committee must occur prior to the final submission, and departments must review and approve dissertations after these changes have been completed. Ask your graduate program administrator how much advance notice is required for the departmental review.
Please use the Dissertation Checklist as you move through the submission process on the ETD Administrator. If you experience technical difficulties with your submission, contact the Dissertation Office or ETD Tech Support as soon as possible.
l. Create your dissertation submission through the ProQuest ETD Administrator.
Move through the Submission steps.
2. Publishing information
- PQ publishing options
- ProQuest agreement
- IR publishing options
- University agreement
- Creative Commons
- Contact information
3. About my dissertation/thesis
- Dissertation/Thesis details
- Supplemental files (optional)
4. Departmental review: Let your graduate program administrator know as soon as you are ready for the departmental review. At this point you should not make any changes to your ETD submission unless the changes are requested by your department. Administrators can view ETD Submissions in Progress, and it is this material that is under review. Once approved, department chairs sign a completed copy of the Departmental Approval Form. Graduate program administrators coordinate this process.
5. Surveys: Register for the Survey of Earned Doctorates.
Return to the ETD Administrator Submission steps when you have your Certificate of Completion of the Survey of Earned Doctorates and your signed and completed copy of the Departmental Approval Form.
6. About my dissertation/thesis
- Administrative documents
7. Submission & payment
- Register U.S. Copyright
- Order copies
8. Dissertation Office Audit: After completing the Submission steps, you should not make any changes unless asked to do so by Dissertation Office staff.
Check your email on a daily basis. We will let you know if we need additional material from you, and we will let you know when your submission is complete and in order.